Part 5: The Tomato Patch
In the very center of the tomato patch are slabs of amethyst and clear quartz crystals which link the patch to the larger garden. Bronze fennel is planted in the center area, and around this are calcite and local rocks.
As with the larger garden, the ratio, colors and balance of the plants are all deliberate. There are 6 tomato plants, representing 3 different varieties. This year, 2 varieties of basil are also part of the balance package, including the ratio and placement. Gardeners have often told Machaelle she shouldn't or can't grow tomatoes in the same location year after year and expect success. This patch has been producing loads of tomatoes since 1981.
• Part 1: Introduction
• Part 2: The Center of the Garden
• Part 3: The Straw-Mulched Sections
• Part 4: The Rose Ring
• Part 5: The Tomato Patch
• Part 6: The Insect Sanctuary
• Part 7: The Fish Pond and the "Tadpool"
• Part 8: The Woods-Edge, Meadow & Wildflower Triangle
• Part 9: The Cabin
• Part 10: The Elemental Annex
• Part 11: How To Get Started
• Part 12: Outtakes